Friday, January 29, 2010

Meet Missy!


Moroni 7:45 & 48
"Chartiy suffereth long and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is no not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." .... 48: " Wherefore, my beloved bretheren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of is Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure."

What is your happy thought?

My "Happy Thought" is a well kept secret place at the Great Salt Lake. Farmington Bay never disappoints. Go there in February, see more than 50 bald eagles sitting in one stand of trees, go in the spring and see thousands of migrating water birds nesting. Return in the fall to catch the migrating birds stop over for a little reprieve on their way back down to South America. No matter what time of year you go it is tranquil and serene.

What is your favorite book, piece of music, or work of art?

I LOVE anything written by Chaim Potok, especially the Asher Lev series.

Briefly share your education/work experience…What did/do you choose to spend your time on? why?

I worked in Biotech/Drug Discovery for 10 years before I retired to stay home with the kiddos. I love everything about the industry except the ability to work part time. There is always something new to learn, robots to play with, plenty of room for creativity, flexibility in schedule, the customer is so far removed there is no dress code and no pleasing anyone (except those finicky little creatures you work with). And then there is the data! How I loved playing with those numbers. I started my career cloning worms, moved on to the wonderful world of yeast and genetics and ended by designing disease models for Cancer, ALS, and Muscular Dystrophy and screening for novel drugs. Never found a breakthrough drug, but had fun trying.

You are given twenty million dollars and ten years to live...how would you spend it?

Traveling with my family to exotic places.

What's your favorite way to spend the weekend?

Weekend or not, my favorite way to spend time is splashing through the tide with Brad and the little Toads.

How long have you been in the Hingham Ward?

We are in our 9th year. We moved here for Law school and loved it and decided to stay. We LOVE the Hingham Ward. Right from the start we felt like we were pulled to the center of the ward.

What's a "Fun Fact" about you?


I have 3 brothers and 4 sisters, but I am the only girl born to my mother who is not a twin.

What do you choose to spend your time on? Why?

I like to spend my free time swimming and running. Although, I have no interest swimming or running solo. I am social exerciser. I especially enjoy running by the ocean early in the morning. I like to run with someone else because I enjoy the therapy of talking out the vicissitudes of life. Top it all off with a massage and it is the best day ever.

Fun Facts about yourself?

I could go completely without a TV if it were not for PBS. My favorite show is NOVA which Brad, Sam and I watch every week. Also topping the list is This Old House, American Experience, Frontline, Masterpiece Theater and anything the kids will watch so I can get a few moments to do important things like write spotlights about myself.

No comments: