Saturday, January 2, 2010

Meet Marilyn!



Third Nephi 1:13

Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.

John 20:16

Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

Home town - Spokane, Washington
How long have you been in the Hingham Ward - thirty-nine years. Good grief. That sounds awful.
What I long to spend time on - is completing photo histories for children and grandchildren.
Who can always make me laugh? My grandchildren and talking to the children at Church and talking to the grown-ups at Church and my husband can always make me laugh.
A fun fact about me: might be about finding out all the truly amazing powers of Santa Claus. One year when I was little I decided there was no way Santa came down the chimney. To prove that he did my parents put tables in front of the outside doors so no one could possibly enter.
Of course, on Christmas morning nothing had disturbed the tables so, wonder of wonders, I discovered Santa really does come down the chimney.
The most beautiful thing I have ever seen: So many things have overwhelmed me with their beauty. But a scene that never fails to bring me unspeakable joy are the gardens at the Villa d' Este at Tivoli just outside of Rome in January. Gary and our three year old son Tai and I were the only ones at the Villa one day in January. We had all of the gardens of unimaginable beauty filled with a hundred frozen and nearly frozen fountains to ourselves to run and dance around with the bright sunny sky making the ice sparkle like millions of diamonds. We could hardly believe what we were seeing and feeling. When we came upon the gardner's cottage they invited us to come in and share their huge fire of twigs. The beauty of that day will always be close to my heart. Another of the most beautiful things I have ever seen are the beautiful faces of my son and daughter as I rocked them when they were babies and thinking "It never gets better than this."

2 comments:

Jennie said...

What a cute family picture!

Missletoe said...

I LOVE the beachy family pic.
...and the Santa story cracks me up. You were one clever child!