Saturday, February 20, 2010

Meet Janssen


Moroni 7: 35-37
And now, my beloved brethren, if this be the case that these things are true which I have spoken unto you, and God will show unto you, with power and great glory at the last day, that they are true, and if they are true has the day of miracles ceased? Or have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? Or has he withheld the power of the Holy Ghost from them? Or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved? Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain.


Briefly share your education/work experience? what did/do you choose to spend your time on? why?

I got a bachelor's degree in history from BYU and then a year or so later went back to school at the University of Texas at Austin to get a masters in information studies, with a focus on services for children and youth; I can imagine a program that would be more fun! Now I am an elementary school librarian and run the libraries at two schools.

What's your favorite way to spend the weekend?

Playing games with friends, lounging around in a clean house (notice I didn't say that CLEANING the house was my favorite way to spend the weekend), cooking, and watching movies.

What is the most
beautiful thing you have ever seen?

My grandparents' fiftieth wedding anniversary. We had a big dinner in Salt Lake and every single family member was there. It was one of the best nights of my life.

Who can always make you laugh? how?

Dave Barry. I love reading his old newspaper columns and dying with laughter.

How long have you been in the Hingham Ward?

Since the end of August 2009. Newbies!

What is a "Fun Fact" about you"?

I didn't graduate from high school. I was doing part-time homeschool and didn't have enough credits to graduate.

What is your home town?

Las Vegas, Nevada.

No comments: